Professional Discounts at Camera Ready Cosmetics
Are you a professional makeup artist? You've come to the right place.
At Camera Ready Cosmetics, members of the Pro Artist Discount program can receive up to 40% off many of our product lines no matter how much you spend! We do not charge for our pro discount program. All orders over $50.00 in the USA also get free shipping!
Apply for your pro discount by following these steps:1) Create an account.
2) Submit the required documentation (listed below) via email.
3) Wait for a confirmation that we've reviewed and processed your request. If you are qualified you will receive an email in 1 to 14 days.
We offer two types of discount membership: Pro Gold and Pro Silver. To see which you are eligible for, find the requirements below.
**Please note a valid photo I.D. will be required for all showroom purchases using a Pro Discount. The Pro must show up in person to pick up his or her products or have them shipped to their own shipping address.
Apply for a Pro Gold Account (up to 40% off Select Brands)
We limit Pro Gold accounts to artists that make a living
as freelance makeup artists or hair stylists.
Pick TWO of the following to send to us along with your driver’s license and email to email@example.com: Total of three documents when you include your Driver’s License or Passport.
- A call sheet dated within the last 12 months. (A call sheet for a paid print, film or video job, not a test job or event/bridal makeup)
- A union ID
- A current Cosmetology or Esthetician license
- A link to an IMBD page with your name as makeup artist or assistant
- A link to your public website portfolio with published print ads or published editorials (Social media sites are not accepted)
- Scan of an editorial in a magazine with your name as Makeup and/or Hair (Print magazines that are distributed on magazine stands or stores) e-magazine submissions are acceptable under pro silver accounts below
- For bridal artists, send a link to your public website (The website must include a gallery of at least 6 different brides or bridal party members. The site must have legitimate contact information.)
- A copy of your business liability insurance (The liability insurance must be current, not expired, and list your job as a freelance makeup artist or stylist.)
- A copy of your tax returns with your SS# crossed out, showing that you made at least $40,000 a year as a freelancer in the industry of makeup and/or hair last year.
- A copy of an invoice or a pro card from any of the following Pro makeup stores that show you are currently getting a Pro discount with that store. This card must be current, not expired. The invoice must be dated in the past 12 months. We accept these cards and invoices from the following stores:
- Makeup Mania
- Makeup Forever
The invoice must include your name and must show the Pro discount. The invoice must be no more than 1 year old.
The following are NOT accepted to set up a Pro Gold account.
- Call sheet for bridal jobs
- Call sheet as a MAC or any brand artist
- Facebook or social media portfolios
- MAC discount cards or discount cards for any store or brand
Apply for a Pro Silver Account (up to 20% off Select Brands)
For a Pro Silver account, we will accept one of the following items with a scan of your driver’s license or passport:
- Your website portfolio with at least 6 images of your work (Social media sites are not accepted). The shots must be of 6 different models and must be professional images as determined by our staff of artists. Your portfolio must be available to the public online and list your contact information as a makeup artist; Social media accounts are unfortunately not considered professional websites and are not accepted.
- Tax Return with your Social Security blacked out showing you make at least $20,000 a year as a freelance makeup artist and/or hairstylist
- Copy of your liability insurance showing that you do carry liability insurance as a freelance makeup artist or hair stylist.
- A certificate and/or enrollment papers from one of the following makeup schools or workshops with a copy of your driver's license:
- Aveda Institute
- Blanche MacDonald
- Blush School of Makeup
- Cinema Secrets
- Joe Blasco
- Makeup City
- Maquillage the Make-Up Academy International
- Mic Makeup Academy
- MKC Beauty Academy
- Paul Mitchell
- Pivot Point Academy
- The Powder Group
- Rachel Lisa Makeup Artistry
- The Studio Makeup Academy
- Val Garland
- Any workshop held at Camera Ready Academy
Scan and email the required items above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you have created an account and sent the required documentation, we will review your information. If you are approved for a Pro account, we will email you within two weeks to let you know that we have upgraded your account. Pro discounts are available for approximately 80% of the products in our store. When you are logged in under your Pro account status, your prices will be Pro discounted prices. Once you have advanced in your career to a Pro Gold Status you may send further documentation and we will upgrade your silver to a gold account.
How to be removed from the Pro artist discount program for life
- Use an image in your portfolio that you did not do yourself.
- Falsify a call sheet, tear sheet or any other document.
- Purchase products for someone else with your pro discount.
- Purchase with your discount for resell purposes.