Have you ever dreamt of a complexion product that doubled as skincare while still giving you the coveted no-makeup makeup look? Danessa Myricks recognized the lack of products that allowed beauty lovers to achieve that level of coverage, and the Yummy Skin Collection was born.
In this blog, we'll be breaking down the benefits of each formula in the new Yummy Skin Collection, discussing the claims, the undertones, and the best way to apply them!
About Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Glow Serum and Serum Foundation
The new Yummy Collection is a collection of two new products blends skincare and makeup. Formulated with skin-loving ingredients like Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Vegan Squalane, Maracuja Oil, and Fruit Extracts, the skin is hydrated, balanced, and brightened with each wear.
When subjects wore Yummy Skin Serum Foundation alone, studies indicated:
• Over 96% of the panelists said the foundation provides even, buildable coverage.
• 90% of the panelists said this foundation provides the perfect amount of coverage.
• 90% of the panelists said this foundation evened out their complexion.
• Over 86% said this foundation corrected the discoloration on their skin.
• Over 86% said their skin felt comfortable throughout the day while wearing Yummy Skin Serum Foundation.
• Over 83% said this foundation gave the appearance of healthy-looking skin.
• Over 80% of subjects showed an immediate improvement in pore size. It maintained skin’s pH level within normal range.
• During a 6-hour wear test, there was a 36.51% boost in hydration.
When subjects wore Yummy Skin Glow Serum & Yummy Skin Serum Foundation together, studies indicated:
• An improvement and overall balance of skin’s natural pH level
• During a 6-hour wear test, there was a 49.34% boost in hydration.
• Over 96% said the serum worked well as a primer before foundation.
• Over 93% said the serum helped hydrate their skin.
• Over 90% said the serum made them look healthier when worn under their foundation.
The Shade System for Yummy Skin Serum Foundation & Glow Serum
The new Yummy Skin Serum Foundation includes 26 shades with four different undertones. Danessa describes the foundation shades as "stretchable", meaning they are sheer enough to allow your natural skin tone to shine through while still providing enough coverage to cover blemishes and other imperfections.
The Undertones for Yummy Skin Serum Foundation
- P = Pink Undertones
- N = Neutral or olive undertones
- G = Golden or olive undertones
- W = Peach or red unertones
Yummy Skin Glow Serum is intended to provide a healthy glow instead of coverage, so both shades can be used universally.
The Two Shades of Yummy Skin Glow Serum
Juice Boost = Sheer Bronze
Main Squeeze = Sheer Golden Champagne
How to Apply Yummy Skin Glow Serum and Serum Foundation
The secret to a beautiful complexion is always skincare and skin prep, and thanks to the Yummy Skin Glow Serum, you achieve both steps with one product. Using a pea-sized amount of serum, lightly cover your entire face. You may apply using a brush or your fingertips.
Next, it's time to color correct. Since the Yummy Skin Serum Foundation provides light to medium buildable coverage, it is important to take the time to color correct before applying foundation.
Danessa used ColorFix in the shade Carrot Top under the eyes and on other problem areas.
Once you're done color correcting, it's time to apply the foundation. Using a brush or sponge, start at the center of the face and work around the perimeter using light sweeping or bouncing motions. This allows the foundation to blend out evenly without sheering the coverage out too much. Move on to the forehead and blend outward, and be sure to blend out onto the ears and neck to avoid any lines of demarcation.
Concealing, Highlighting, and Contouring with Yummy Skin Serum Foundation
The beauty of Yummy Skin Serum Foundation is how it layers without feeling heavy or looking cakey. You can easily build up coverage, spot conceal, brighten under the eyes, and even contour by using different shades.
To conceal, use a smaller brush to spot conceal with your regular shade of foundation. To brighten dark circles, select one or two shades lighter and apply in tapping motions with a brush. To contour, select a shade that is one to two shades deeper and apply to the areas you'd normally apply to for contour, and blend well. The foundation will meld together with the base shade you already applied.
Setting Yummy Skin Serum Foundation
While the goal of the Yummy Skin Collection is to give you a healthy, glowing, no-makeup makeup look, you still set the face with Evolution Powder. Use a fluffy brush or puff to lightly set areas you would like to be mattified or where you tend to get oily throughout the day.
Watch the Step-by-Step Tutorial:
How to Achieve Different Coverage Levels with Yummy Skin Serum Foundation
Of course, just like with any Danessa Myricks Beauty product, you're encouraged to experiment and find the method use that works best for you, but as a general rule of thumb, Danessa Myricks has provided the following application instructions:
To Achieve Light Coverage with Yummy Skin Serum Foundation:
Squeeze a pea-sized amount and apply in even layers using fingers, brush or sponge.
To Achieve Medium Coverage with Yummy Skin Serum Foundation:
Squeeze two pea-sized amounts and apply in even layers using a brush or sponge.
• Start from the center of the face and blend outwards for even application.
• Layer over Yummy Skin Glow Serum for an added boost of radiance for the ultimate healthy, glowing complexion.
About Camera Ready Cosmetics
Camera Ready Cosmetics was founded in 2003 by Makeup Artist Mary Erickson. She dreamed of having a pro makeup showroom where artists could play with professional products without the typical makeup store attitude.
Today, our team of beauty industry veterans work together to curate the best quality products on the market. We partner with brands who respect the industry and formulate products for true working artists. You won’t find CRC in high-end malls, and we don't wear matching brush belts.
If you want to play with products for a few hours and buy nothing, that's okay ... come in and play! Our store is your playground.